tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jaco Kroon <j...@kroon.co.za>
Subject ManagerServlet (autherization on a percontext basis)
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2003 16:14:36 GMT
Hello,

I need to allow users previliges to manage their applications on a
per-context basis.  We are providing students with a webapp, where they
need to build their practical.  However, whenever they change web.xml
they need to be able to restart their webapp.

Considering there are over 300 users I don't want to use the reloadable
feature for the lib and classes directories either, as such I would
prefer if I can just allow them to reload, start and stop their own webapps.

Is there any existing way of doing this or will I have to continue my
hack to rewrite the ManagerServlet (or at least implement a similar
class and work it into tomcat?)

btw, I'm using tomcat 4.0 (revision 0.3 at home and 1.24 where this has
to be implemented actually).

I'm currently having trouble creating a subclass of HttpServlet
implementing ContainerServlet that'll actually load.

Any ideas/help extremely welcome.

Jaco