tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: [OT] Quality standards and Tomcat .
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 12:24:22 GMT
CMM is *not* about quality of the product, it is about quality of the
process. You can make crap before CMM and make crap after CMM. The difference
the crap your making after the CMM process is much easier to repeat.

But, if there is quality in the process, then theoretically - the product
should be consistent made, correct, and only a budget and time frame which is
predictable.

With respect to CMM, tomcat should be treated no differently than any other
COTS products.

-Tim