tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: JDBC via JNDI and the resource-env-ref tag
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 08:33:35 GMT
Hi Hans,

in my server.xml I have:

   <GlobalNamingResources>
     <Resource name="jdbc/GlobalRealmDB"
               auth="Container"
               type="javax.sql.DataSource"
        description="allows connections to be made to mySQL">
     </Resource>
     <ResourceParams name="jdbc/GlobalRealmDB">
       <parameter>
         <name>factory</name>
       </parameter>
       etc etc

and then:

         <Context path="/linklib" docBase="linklib"
           debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
           <ResourceLink name="jdbc/RealmDB"
             global="jdbc/GlobalRealmDB"
             type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
           etc. etc.

for each webapp that needs it. I don't put any of it in my web.xml but
perhaps somebody else will tell you if you can, and how.

Regards
Adam