tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: forward error
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 14:34:59 GMT
You can't prevent the whitespace. So as a kluge, I have a swallow tag for
such occasions.

In your tld ...
   <tag>
     <name>swallow</name>
     <tagclass>SwallowTag</tagclass>
   </tag>

import java.io.IOException;
import javax.servlet.jsp.JspException;
import javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.BodyTagSupport;

public class SwallowTag extends BodyTagSupport {
     public int doAfterBody() throws JspException {
         return SKIP_BODY;
     }

     public int doEndTag() throws JspException {
	try {
		pageContext.getOut().clearBuffer();
	} catch(IOException e) {
		// silent ignore