tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Wingfield <jon.wingfi...@mkodo.com>
Subject Re: jdbcodbc database connection problem (access-DB,jsp,tomcat,eclipse)!
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 19:37:37 GMT
Very difficult to tell ;)

Do you have any errors in the tomcat logs?
Does your debug in the SQLException catch clause get written to std out
or catalina.out?
If a SQLException did get thrown during the inserts/select the output
would be:

<head>

Not quite sure how that would be rendered in a browser.

Are you sure you can load the jdbc driver? A ClassNotFoundException can
be thrown from Class.forName(...)

Are you sure you are getting a connection to the database? Is your
connection url correct? Also, the JdbcOdbcBridge has always been flaky
at best.

I would recommend removing as much java code as possible from the jsp
and use Beans or taglibs for the database access. It should make the jsp
code a lot cleaner. For another thing it makes testing a lot easier :)

HTH,

Jon