tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Lynch <...@sgi.com>
Subject Memory leaks?
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 16:56:33 GMT
I seemed to have read that java/tomcat isn't supposed to have memory
leaks, but something seems to be running me out of memory and I don't
know what.

After a number of edit/undeploy/compile/deploy iterations I get the
following:

	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)

(Big snip)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:392)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:619)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

root cause

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

I'm running tomcat 4.1.24 on Linux with Apache 1.something.  Java
1.4.1_02.

So where do I start looking for the problem?  If I forget to close
Statements would that cause the problem?

Thanks,
Jim.