tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@jboss.org>
Subject Re: bug #21252
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 21:30:09 GMT
Dmitry Beransky wrote:

> I just moved the tomcat installation to c:\tomcat and that solved the
> problem.  I guess the invocation command was indeed getting too long.
> I'm fine for now, but the way I structure my dev projects, I'll be
> adding more paths in the future, so this problem may yet return.

Check if in conf/web.xml, you have fork set to false in the Jasper init
parameters. Not forking a new VM when compiling has disadvantages, but
it should fix issues related to command line length (because Ant ends up
generating a loooong command line). If you still get the error, then I
haven't seen it before, and I'd say either Ant or the compiler don't
like the spaces or long paths.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat