tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Running Tomcat 4.1.27 without Jasper (or a JDK)?
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 11:08:28 GMT
I don't think you need to do anything. But you probaly want to do this:
- remove $CATALINA/common/lib/jasper-compiler.jar
- in $CATALINA/conf/web.xml - comment out boht jasper/jsp references

If you don't use precompiled jsp's
- remove $CATALINA/common/lib/jasper-runtime.jar

You might not need $CATALINA/common/lib/ant.jar either. (I don't know if
anything other than jasper depends on it)

[ On second thought, you might need to edit setclasspath.bat (or sh) to
remove the javac check. ]

-Tim

Jon Skeet wrote:
> I'm trying to run Tomcat 4.1 (currently 4.1.27) without needing a full JDK. I don't need
any JSP stuff whatsoever, just servlets. Does anyone know of a page explaining how to remove
Jasper from Tomcat, or fancy explaining it here? I couldn't find anything in the archive (with
only a couple of searches, admittedly).