tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Walker Chris <walk...@dc-link.co.uk>
Subject RE: Using drop down boxes in JSP
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:44:30 GMT
Anson,

You will have to write client JavaScript to do this.

OTTOMH, attach a function to the onChange event of your SELECT tag.  The
object representing the tag will probably be accessible as
document.all.yourTagId,
or possibly something else, depending on the browser object model.  This
object
will expose a collection corresponding to all the OPTION tags and a property
indicate which is selected.

I'd recommend you to find a definition of the browser object model and to
check
out sites specializing in JavaScript.

Chris Walker

-----Original Message-----
From: Anson Zeall [mailto:zeallous@bigpond.net.au]
Sent: 17 September 2003 11:31
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Using drop down boxes in JSP

Hi people,

    I want to know, what is the best way to scan the option chosen each
time the user selects an option from the drop down menu. Like..most of
the pages I surfed to, they only showed how to make a drop down box..and
then see what the option was chosen ONLY when the button is pressed. Is
there any way I can scan the input, as soon as the user chooses an
option from the drop down box?

Regards,

Anson