tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "aaz" <...@interoperate.com>
Subject content type charset
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:22:24 GMT
Hi,
We are using Tomcat 4.1.24 and jdk 1.4.1. And are having problems getting the HTTP headers
returned from Tomcat to return the correct charset we need to display our utf-8 encoded database
data. (right now our text has all the ? chars in it in place of the special chars)

We need tomcat to start returning

no matter what, tomcat keeps returning the http header
returning ISO-8859-1 rather than UTF-8

All of our JSP pages have:
<@page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" %> and <meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

We are using Struts 1.1. and override ActionServlet.process and have the following line of
code as well placed there: response.setContentType("text/html; charset=UTF-8");

In our catalina.bat we have JAVA_OPTS set = -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

What gives? Help please!