tomcat-users mailing list archives

From joe gspeed <jgspeed2...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Signal 11 Error: An unexpected exception in native code outside the VM
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 15:06:58 GMT
Right now the server has all of the latest and
greatest patches from Red Hat.  We are still seeing
crashes about once a day.

I am also observing a significant memory leak on this
box, though I can't figure out if its Tomcat, java,
the code or something else - once the memory gets low
enough tomcat crashes.

I am planning on making the following config changes
to hopefully remedy this problem:

-Xms512m -Xmx512m -XX:NewSize=256m -XX:MaxNewSize=512m
-Xincgc

This machine has about 2gb of memory and the app
running on it is fairly database intensive.  Can
someone tell me if these settings make sense?

Thanks again.

http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/show.pl?target=patches/J2SE