tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Duffy <duff...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem Deploying A Web App Under Tomcat 4.0.6
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:13:40 GMT

I've written a Web app that uses JSTL 1.0.3 that
deploys and runs successfully under Tomcat 4.1.24 in a
development environment.  I deploy it as a WAR file,
along with a context XML file of the same name.
Tomcat 4.1.24 picks up both successfully and creates
the JNDI data source I need without a problem.

Our production environment uses Tomcat 4.0.6.  I
deploy the app by putting the WAR and context XML in
the Tomcat 4.0.6 webapps directory and bouncing the
service.

When I do, the app fails when I invoke its index.jsp.

I get the following exception in the Tomcat localhost
log:

2003-09-30 08:43:22 Could not load TagLibraryValidator
class org.apache.taglibs.standard.tlv.JstlCoreTLV:
EXCEPTION: null
2003-09-30 08:43:22
2003-09-30 08:43:22 StandardWrapperValve[jsp]:
Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /index.jsp(4,0) No
such tag redirect in the tag library imported with
prefix c

I can go into the standard.jar that I have in
TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib and see the class
org.apache.taglibs.standard.tlv.JstlCoreTLV in there.
I've got all the Jakarta Commons JARs and all the
others that I need to use JSTL.

I can reproduce the error.  I downloaded Tomcat 4.0.6,
installed it on my Win XP desktop as a service, and
deployed my WAR file.  It gave me the same exception.

Why does it load successfully under Tomcat 4.1.24 and
not under Tomcat 4.0.6?  What am I doing wrong?
Please advise.  Thanks - MOD