tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ilja" <imhehenk...@hotmail.com>
Subject Deployer Package and JNDI-resource
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:40:54 GMT
Why does my webapp work when I manually put the .war file in the webapps
directory and why doesn't it work when I deploy it with the Client
Deployer Package and Ant?

Note that it does work when I do it manually, so there's no flaw in my
setup or code (I suppose), but when I use the Client Deployer Package I
get the following error:

net.sf.hibernate.JDBCException: Cannot open connection: Cannot load JDBC
driver class 'null'
        net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.openConnection(SessionFactoryImpl.java:405)
        net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.connection(SessionImpl.java:2751)
        net.sf.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransaction.begin(JDBCTransaction.java:38)
        net.sf.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransactionFactory.beginTransaction(JDBCTransactionFactory.java:21)
        net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.beginTransaction(SessionImpl.java:1955)
        org.mathesis.test.HibernateTest.beginTransaction(HibernateTest.java:103)
        org.mathesis.test.HibernateTest.doGet(HibernateTest.java:51)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)

It's not a Hibernate thingy also, since when I try to load the JNDI
resource with my own java code the same thing happens...

Some resources:

initial problem:
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg104212.html

Suggestions to use Client Deployer Package from Remy Maucherat:

-
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg104240.html
-
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg104236.html

So it still doesn't help. Somehow when you deploy your application with
the Client Deployer Package, it can't find the appropiate context...