tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jose Alfonso Martinez <tril...@linuxcenter.com.mx>
Subject Datasource connections not released when reloading context
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2003 23:30:32 GMT
Hi guys,

Does any one know if there is a possibility of tomcat, for any reason, to reload a context
without telling it to do so????

I am having a problem that after 2 or 3 days without reloading tomcat, pooled-connections
from the datasource get exahusted.

The only case I have seen that the number of pooled-connections is incremented is when I reloaded
my context. In this case, the reloaded context's datasource opened a new set of connections
to work on (leaving the older connections opened and not releasing them until tomcat is shutdown).
If the context gets reloaded over and over again, eventually connections with the DBMS will
get exahusted...

Is that the expected behavior???? To leave conections open when reloading a context????

Would there be another posibility for pooled-connections to get exahusted, once they were
set up and correctly running???

Thanks in advance

Jose