tomcat-users mailing list archives

From michal urbanski <mic...@antiflux.org>
Subject _another_ problem stopping tomcat
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2003 02:16:05 GMT
Hello all,

I've done a bit of due diligence, and it appears as though no one else
has had my problem.

I'm running tomcat4, from the RedHat package tomcat4-4.1.18-full.1jpp.
I've added the line:
CATALINA_OPTS="-server -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8000"

to my tomcat4.conf, to enable remote debugging. Now, running dtomcat
start works fine... however, dtomcat4 stop gives an error, regardless of
how long tomcat has been running. Here is that error:

Error [98] in bind() call!
err:: Address already in use
Socket transport failed to init.
Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, rc = -1.
FATAL ERROR in native method: No transports initialized

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If this problem has popped up
before, and it _was_ documented somewhere, I apologize (but would still
appreciate a pointer to said documentation ;)

Thanks,
--michal urbanski