tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Giovanni P. Tirloni" <tirl...@bs2.com.br>
Subject Enabling error reports
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:12:54 GMT
Hi,

 I have Tomcat 4.1.27 installed and it isn't showing to the user the
 error report when it can't compile. Before upgrading from version
 4.1.24 it was generating such reports (line with error, what happened,
 etc) and debugging was easier.

 Now it only logs to catalina.out and even there the message isn't very
 helpful. The only thing that I know was generating the error reports
 was when Tomcat couldn't find a class and the error was 500 server
 error.

 How to re-enable it? web.xml and server.conf are the same. I've
 searched google/archives without real success. I'm using jdk 1.4.2 on
 Linux.

 Thanks,

 --
 Giovanni P. Tirloni