tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <tcw00l...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JSP Compulation problem
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:14:32 GMT

well the easiest way is to remove just the .java and .class files and leave the directory
structure. that's worked for me in the past.

peter

"Pooleery, Manoj" <Pooleery@Synygy.com> wrote:
Hi,

I have Tomcat 4.1.18 running on Unix. As part of the application, I have a
JSP file which shows the main page. I had problems with Tomcat caching it,
so, I added a script to remove the localhost folder before tomcat starts up.
But right now, whenever I start Tomcat and access the app, it is coming back
with a message saying 'Unable to compile class for JSP - JASPERException'.
Has anybody come across this error earlier? (after a few restarts, it start
to work again). Please let me know if anybody has seen this and know what
is a solution.

Thanks
-Manoj.