tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Timothy <trea...@silverfields.com>
Subject Some help with jk2
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2003 20:56:13 GMT
	Hello all.

	I'm trying to setup jk2.  Well, actually, I'm trying to acquire & build
jk2. This is proving to be more than a little difficult.  After going over
the docs at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/doc/index.html
I think I'm more puzzled than when I started.  And that's even discounting
the broken document links, and the link to the mailing list archive that
hasn't been accurate in more than a year!

	So I have some questions.

1) Is there anywhere where I can actually download a full version of the
source, with required libraries, or at least a list of what else needs to
be downloaded.  Because the link to the src from the FAQ sure doesn't meet
these requirements.

2) Whereas I know the difference between jk & jk2, I don't know the
difference between jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.4-src.tar.gz and
jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src.tar.gz.  I would assume that as
jk2 is what the documentation recommends, that the second tar.gz file
would be what I need, but it is close to a year older than the former
file.

3) Is there in existence anywhere an actual document on how successfully
to build jk(2)?  Because trying to follow the instructions in the above
two tar.gz files would never actually get anything in the source files to
build.

	Any help appreciated.