tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jerald Powel <geraldpo...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject generate WAR
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 00:07:05 GMT

Hi and thanks,

     My IDE is Eclipse. Are there any users of this software on this list who can tell me
if Eclipse will build a WAR and how? I have looked at the help section but found nothing related
to this subject.

Thanks

J.

WAR stands for Web Archive Resource, it is basically a .jar file containing
all the files of your web-app. If you use an IDE such as NetBeans it is very
easy to create, simple right click the root folder and select Generate WAR,
choose your target location to save the war file to and that is it.

You can then place this .war in your tomcat/webapps folder and the next time
you restart Tomcat it will unpack the .war and create a default context for
your web-app as well as do any initialization you may have specified in your
web.xml

HTH