tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Pfeifer <pfe...@yahoo.com>
Subject Auto Form Based Logins
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:21:17 GMT
I was wondering if people had thoughts on the
following -

Is there already a way for a developer to create a
session and automatically log someone in.  For
example, if I already know the user id and password
(e.g. from another system), I would like to avoid the
lazy authentication J2EE process and login the person
in automatically.

I know I can force a call to a protected resource and
auto post the login form, but some app servers are
making this easier for developer.  Does Tomcat offer
anything in this area?

Thanks,
Mark