tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Harrison <peter.harri...@nothingbutnet.co.nz>
Subject Re: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:46:48 GMT
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 04:41, Ben Anderson wrote:
> I moved the <Resource> and <ResaourceParams> tags to myApp.xml and put it
> in the webapps folder(with the war).  I'm still getting the exact same
> errors.

More specifically, in 4.1.27 you can't define your JDBC resources in either
the DefaultContext or the GlobalResources. You need to explicitly define a
Context for your webapp, and insert the resources into that context.

If however you are trying to deploy by copying a war into webapps then you are
out of luck, because by having a context it won't unpack the war :(