tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bikash Paul <bikashpaul_2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Query on <url-pattern> element of web.xml file ??
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:05:22 GMT
Hi all friends,

If my web application's web.xml file contains this:

<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>Test Filter</filter-name>
<url-pattern>/*.jsp</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

then the filter doesn't run when I invoke a JSP in the
application's top-level directory.

If I change the url-pattern to this:

<url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>

then the filter does run.

Can any one please explain it why it is not working
with /*.jsp.Iam little bit confused about
<url-pattern> element of web.xml file.Can any one plz
give me some tutorial link for this element so that I
can clear my concept from there coz Iam also confused
about <url-pattern> element in case of
<servlet-mapping>.Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Bikash