tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Development Tools
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 18:19:33 GMT
Hopefully Tim that was tongue firmly planted in cheek!

Anyway, I use emacs/ant/jde for emacs
(http://jdee.sunsite.dk/)

I have cygwin on the Windows platform so when I drop
into a shell in emacs I have something that works
well.

I also use xae (http://xae.sunsite.dk/) which is an
xml authoring environment for emacs.  If you add your
DTD catalogues to the system catalogues location, you
can do all sorts of interesting things like have
pop-up menus for allowed xml nodes, syntax
highlighting, etc.

The really nice thing about all of this is that it
works the same way regardless of the platform I'm on.

I guess one of these days I'll finish learning
Netbeans or Eclipse, both of which are nice.

/mde/
just my two cents . . . .

http://www.textpad.com/add-ons/files/utilities/codecompleter1_0.zip