tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "A. Zazula" <>
Subject Servlet front page without redirect - Tomcat 4.1 with mod_rewrite and mod_jk2
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2003 00:53:49 GMT
Okay, I'm trying to solve my problem by using mod_rewrite with mod_jk2
now. I've spent several days on this problem to date and I'm more than
a little frustrated.

When the user types "" I want the page they get to
be generated by a servlet but without a redirect. So they won't be
redirected to or something. When their
browser location bar sees "" they'll be looking at a
page generated by a java servlet.

This can be obviously done with Perl ( is proof---you
aren't redirected to and it can probably be
done with every other non-Java language. Can it be done with a Java
servlet? Is the combination of Apache 2.0.47, Tomcat 4.1.27,  mod_jk2,
and mod_rewrite powerful enough to be able to accomplish this
extraordinary technical feat or do I have to switch to Perl because
that community obviously figured it out?

Do you Yahoo!?