tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Regarding Tomcat Start
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2003 16:53:58 GMT
I have installed jakarta-tomcat-5.0.12. I set jdk and catalina path. I open a
command prompt, move to the bin directory of tomcat. I run startup.bat. It
opens another prompt that vanishes in seconds. I dont see anything wrong
(warning or error message) at original command prompt.
I move to localhost in browser. Nothing loads up on browser !
How do i know whether tomcat has really started or not ? (I tried to look at
services running, it does not show up there)
I tried to see log floder, but it is just empty. I tried to run shutdown bat
file. It says, connection not found ! Does it help in answering my question?
I am using Windows XP Operating System.

View raw message