tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Halloran <thall...@GS06.ISRI.CMU.EDU>
Subject RE: Urgent! Cannot start Tomcat - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:24:48 GMT
On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 11:18, Denise Mangano wrote:
> The filesystem check returns that everything is clean.
>
> I ran the test versions of the java programs that are part of my webapp
> from the command line, and the program executes without a hitch.  It
> makes a URL connection to a remote server and sends data, and then
> receives a response...  So I would assume there is no problem with the
> java installation??
>
> How do I load a second instance of Tomcat without it interfering with
> the current installation?

Use the "TGZ" version not "RPM" and put it in another directory...you'll
have to change some variables (as I recall) and save your others.  Just
run the second tomcat as your local user.  I haven't done this in a
while but it works fine as long as you don't run them together (if you
do you'll need to change ports and such).

--
Timothy Halloran <thallora@GS06.ISRI.CMU.EDU>
Carnegie Mellon University