tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Luke Vanderfluit <l...@chipcity.com.au>
Subject Re: vertial host apache/tomcat
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:47:09 GMT
Hi Johan,

Are the domains correctly configured in a dns somewhere?
That is: when your browser requests a fqdn (fully qualified domain
name), the dns needs to translate it to an IP address.
You should have a DNS entry for these domains
	- on a dns server somewhere on the internet
	- on a dns server you have set up yourself

Alternatively for testing:
On the machine running the browser, you could put entries in the 'hosts'
file.
So when your browser requests a fqdn, it gets translated to an IP
address.

Your httpd.conf, just the last bit concerning virtual hosts could look
like this.
Simplified for testing and tested to work.

NameVirtualHost 192.168.25.5

<VirtualHost 192.168.25.5>
    DocumentRoot /home/httpd/htdocs/
    ServerName knife.chipcity.com.au
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.25.5>
    DocumentRoot /home/httpd/htdocs/virtual1/
    ServerName fork.chipcity.com.au
</VirtualHost>

Hope this helps,
kind regards,