tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Henrik Vendelbo" <hvende...@bluprints.com>
Subject Re: cannot log from a load-on-startup servlet in init()
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:53:19 GMT
> class threw an exception.  Going down a little further we find the
> "Caused by" error that claims "Log4JLogger does not implement Log".
> This is almost certainly due to having more than one copy of the Log4J
> classes visible in the class loader hierarchy.
>
> Craig

Thank you soooooo much. I was really getting dizzy from hunting around for
that for the previous 11 hours :(

>
>
> >2003-09-28 18:44:02 StandardWrapper[/dspc:DspcAxisServlet]: Marking
servlet
> >DspcAxisServlet as unavailable
> >2003-09-28 18:44:02 StandardContext[/dspc]: Servlet /dspc threw load()
> >exception
> >javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instantiating servlet class
> >net.dspc.server.AxisServletPlus
> > at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:9
1
> >2)
> > at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:823)
> > at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java
:
> >3421)
> > at
> >org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3609)
> > at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
> > at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:738)
> > at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
> > at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:347)
> > at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:497)
> > at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2190)
> > at
>
>org.apache.catalina.startup.CatalinaService.start(CatalinaService.java:273)
> > at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> > at
>
>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:3
9
> >)
> > at
>
>sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImp
l
> >.java:25)
> > at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
> > at
>
>org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.start(BootstrapService.java:24
5
> >)
> > at
>
>org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.main(BootstrapService.java:307
)
> >----- Root Cause -----
> >java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
> > at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
> > at
>
>sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAcce
s
> >sorImpl.java:39)
> > at
>
>sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstru
c
> >torAccessorImpl.java:27)
> > at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
> > at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:308)
> > at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:261)
> > at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:9
0
> >3)
> > at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:823)
> > at
>
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java
:
> >3421)
> > at
> >org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3609)
> > at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
> > at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:738)
> > at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
> > at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:347)
> > at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:497)
> > at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2190)
> > at
>
>org.apache.catalina.startup.CatalinaService.start(CatalinaService.java:273)
> > at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> > at
>
>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:3
9
> >)
> > at
>
>sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImp
l
> >.java:25)
> > at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
> > at
>
>org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.start(BootstrapService.java:24
5
> >)
> > at
>
>org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.main(BootstrapService.java:307
)
> >Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
> >org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
> >org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
> >org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement Log
> > at
>
>org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.j
a
> >va:532)
> > at
>
>org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.j
a
> >va:272)
> > at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:414)
> > at
org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:76)
> > at
>
>org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.<clinit>(AxisServletBase.jav
a
> >:94)
> > ... 23 more
> >Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
> >org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
> >org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement Log
> > at
>
>org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactory
I
> >mpl.java:416)
> > at
>
>org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.j
a
> >va:525)
> > ... 27 more
> >Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
> >org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement Log
> > at
>
>org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactory
I
> >mpl.java:412)
> > ... 28 more
> >
> >
> >
> >---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> >For additional commands, e-mail: commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> >
> >
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>
>



Mime
View raw message