tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik" <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: manager/html app
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:48:32 GMT
in web.xml for the manager app, force it to use SSL,
that way the only way to connect into it is over SSL and you are good to go,
even with basic authentication

Filip
----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Hardy" <ahardy.struts@cyberspaceroad.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 10:43 AM
Subject: manager/html app

Is there a way to configure the manager app to use form-based or digest
authentication so I can use SSL to encrypt the login?

As I understand it, with basic authentication the passwords are sent in
plain text across the net, allowing them to be snooped out from caches
and logs. I've no experience of this, so any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 4.1.27 + java 1.4.2