tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik" <m...@filip.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5 clustering
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:24:39 GMT
> <distributable/>

this is not a requirement until Tomcat 5.

Filip

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Rees" <dbr@greenhydrant.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 9:42 AM
Subject: Re: Tomcat 5 clustering

Filip Hanik wrote:

> <distributable/> should be set in web.xml according to the latest
> servlet spec feel free to contact me with any problems you might
> have, several companies are using Tomcat 4.x replication in
> production already

Filip,

Where is the latest code for Tomcat 4.x session replication?  I would
like to try it out on some of my test code.

I found this link:
http://www.filip.net/tomcat/tomcat-javagroups.html
Is that the latest?

Do you know what happens when you happen to upgrade the software on one
JVM and it results in loading new classes that are stored in a sesssion?
  Currently if you do that with Tomcat and do a context reload, the
session is evicted, I would think the same thing would happen with
session replication as well...

Thanks,
Dave