tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "King,Daniel" <dk...@IDFG.STATE.ID.US>
Subject RE: Possible to terminate a long request?
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:26:53 GMT
What about setting a session timeout value in the application's web.xml (value below is minutes)?

<session-config>
  <session-timeout>2</session-timeout>
</session-config>

I have not actually used the elements above-- I just looked it up in a book, Tomcat by Brittain
and Darwin, published by O'Reilly.  I have used session time-outs a lot in WebLogic.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Neil Aggarwal [mailto:neil@JAMMConsulting.com]
	Sent: Tue 9/23/2003 10:20 AM
	To: 'Tomcat-User'
	Subject: Possible to terminate a long request?

	Hello:

	Is there a way to terminate a request that takes more than
	a given amount of time?

	I know I can use the java.util.Timer class to get called back
	at a given point in the future, but how can I terminate the
	request and put up an error page to the user?

	Any suggestions will be helpful.

	Thanks,
	        Neil

	--
	Neil Aggarwal, JAMM Consulting, (972)612-6056, www.JAMMConsulting.com
	FREE! Valuable info on how your business can reduce operating costs by