tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Seth Newton" <snew...@keithley.com>
Subject Re: Memory Leak with static content
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:43:51 GMT
> You realize these numbers are meaningless to anyone except you, as we
> don't know what you're measuring, how you're measuring it, what the
> proper results / proper behavior is, etc.
No, I didn't realize my numbers meant nothing.  I figured them to be
self-explanatory.  The numbers supplied were there simply as evidence of the
incremental increase of memory over time.  That's all.  I apologize for any
confusion.

> One thing worth investigating is the GC settings.  What are they right
> now?
Actually, I didn't reset them after the upgrade to Tomcat 4.1.27.  I just
changed them to -Xms60m -Xmx80m.
I'll change these numbers after I'm done babysitting the server, but I'd
like to see what happens once the limit is reached.

-Seth.