tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Julien Martin" <julien-mar...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Possible bug in Tomcat JSTL
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:45:47 GMT
Hello,

I am struggling to get the fmt:message tag working in Tomcat 5.05.  Here is what I do and
the result I get:

1. I set the locale using a el expressions as follows:
<fmt:setLocale value="${requestScope.lang}"/>

2. I then choose a resource bundle as follows:
<fmt:bundle basename="com.parispano.latinamericaguide.resources.labels">

3. I finally display a message as follows:
<fmt:message key="country_index_jsp"/>

I have to retranslate and recompile the jsp in order for the locale to be taken into account.

Is this a bug in Tomcat?  If no what I am getting wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Julien.