tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik" <m...@filip.net>
Subject Re: Migrating from JServ to Tomcat 4.0
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 21:18:20 GMT
you have to choices:

1. Do a proper migration, ie convert your webapp to a "real" webapp with
WEB-INF so that you load your classes - this is the recommended method,
because there is no other way to map servlets, other than web.xml

2. Put all your classes in TOMCAT_HOME/common/classes, the classes will now
be available to all webapps - not recommended
you will still need a web.xml if you have servlets

Filip

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pradeep Gummi" <pradeep.gummi@villanova.edu>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 1:51 PM
Subject: Migrating from JServ to Tomcat 4.0

Hello all,
I have a web application deployed in JServ. Now I would like to migrate
the application to Tomcat 4.0 with out disturbing the existing
directory structure. Since JServ doesnt have web.xml and has the
following jserv.conf and jserv.properties files and also doesnt have
any WEB-INF as per the latest sun specs.
I dont want to change the existing directory structure of the classes
and would like to load classes in to the web application from this
directory structure that is outside CATALINA_HOME.
Any suggestions for this problem.
thanks
pradeep