tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Jericho" <marti...@jabmail.com>
Subject Re: Deployment on a specific port
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 00:57:31 GMT
Thanks Tim, but I forgot to mention that both servlet have to be in the same
webapp!  One is my main servlet that handles user web requests, and the
other is the AxisServlet for handling a SOAP interface into the same
application.  I want to stick the SOAP servlet onto a different port which
can not be accessed from outside the firewall.

What are the "extra tricks" you mentioned?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Funk" <funkman@joedog.org>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 10:51 AM
Subject: Re: Deployment on a specific port

> I think you can create 2 services and each service gets is own connector
and
> webapp.
>
> This also means that both servlets can't be in the same webapp. (Without
> extra tricks)
>
> -Tim
>
> Martin Jericho wrote:
>
> > I would like to set up a single standalone instance of tomcat with
connectors on two ports, and deploy one servlet to work only on one port and
a different servlet to work only on the other port.  Is this possible?

> > If not, the only way I can get around it that I can see is to use the
ServletRequest.getServerPort() method to check which port the request came
in on an reject it if it was on the wrong port.  I suspect however that this
is not secure as the value returned by getServerPort() comes from the
request header, which can easily be spoofed.  Will the
ServletRequest.getLocalPort() method in the proposed 2.4 spec be more
secure?