tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dirk Griesbach" <>
Subject Re: Application Configuration
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:02:39 GMT

the servlet-mapping is missung in your web-xml:
add the following:

            "your servlet
            "the URL through which it should be accessible"

Hope this helps

----- Original Message -----
From: Renda, Michael <>
To: Tomcat Users List <>
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 2:18 AM
Subject: Application Configuration

I'm having a simple application configuration problem.

1.  Tomcat 4.1.27

2.  I can run all of the applications in the examples directory.

3.  I've created a new directory structure called myApp.  Within it is
WEB-INF and within that is classes.  Within myApp/WEB-INF/classes is a
servlet called TestingServlet.

4.  I put a simple .jsp page in the /myApp directory and Tomcat serves
it up just fine.

5.  I cannot access the TestingServlet page, however.  Tomcat reports a
404 - requested resource is not available.

6.  If I move the servlet to the examples/WEB-INF/classes directory,
Tomcat serves it up.

7.  The myApp/WEB-INF directory has a web.xml file as follows:
<!DOCTYPE web-app
    <display-name>My Java Applications</display-name>
      Example servlets and JSP pages.

8.  The log files show that the myApp application is being deployed at
Tomcat startup with no errors.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike Renda

To unsubscribe, e-mail: