tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Kellstrand" <mi...@rapix.com>
Subject FOP code runs standalone, but not in a Servlet
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:27:19 GMT
I have Java FOP (XSLT-FO PDF converter) code that runs great from the
command line if I put the fop, batik, avalon, and xalan jars
in the JAVA_HOME\jre\lib\ext dir.

If I put this code in a servlet under Tomcat 4.1.24, I get transform errors.

I have tried putting the FOP jars in various Tomcat lib dirs,
in webapps with the servlet, etc.  Everywhere I move these jars
I get different amusing transform exceptions, but it doesn't run.

1)  Where do the jars need to go?
2)  Are there any parser jars that come with Tomcat that need to get removed.
I tried removing the 2 jars that are in /common/endorsed, but that didn't help.

This is driving me nuts!

Many thanks!

Mike