tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Curwen" <gb_...@gb-im.com>
Subject RE: BindException :: Shutdown Port 8005 :: Solaris 5.9
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 19:20:54 GMT
What do you get with:
 netstat -an | grep 8005

If you get:
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:8005          0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN

It might be that Tomcat didn't manage to completely kill itself on a
previous shutdown.

Do you get anything with this?
ps -ax | grep "[o]rg.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start" | awk
'{printf $1 " "}'

If you do, kill the first pid in the list, rerun the ps query, and if it
still returns anything, kill the next pid in the list, and so on until
it's dead.

netstat again, and see if there is still a tcp connection  open