tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Marco Tedone" <mted...@jemos.org>
Subject Re: Antwort: Migration from 4.1.x to Tomcat 5
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 12:10:49 GMT
I implemented a security model independent from the container. Basically it
is based on db/validation and session management through taglibs to
display/allow functionalities to authorized users.

Marco
----- Original Message -----
From: "Oliver Wulff" <oliver.wulff@zurich.ch>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2003 1:08 PM
Subject: Antwort: Migration from 4.1.x to Tomcat 5

Hi Marco

I don't know Tomcat 5.x but what do you mean with your personal security
model? Have you implemented a custom realm?

Oliver

Oliver Wulff
Zürich Versicherungs-Gesellschaft
IA4, CoC Middleware
Postfach, 8085 Zürich
Telefon: +41- 1 628 58 07
Fax: +41 - 1 623 58 07
E-Mail: mailto:oliver.wulff@zurich.ch

                      "Marco Tedone"
                      <mtedone@jemos.o         An:      "Tomcat Users List"
<tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
                      rg>                      Kopie:
                                               Thema:   Migration from 4.1.x
to Tomcat 5
                      28.09.2003 13:51
                      Bitte antworten
                      an "Tomcat Users
                      List"

Hi, which are the key anspects I shall keep in mind when migrating from
Tomcat 4.1.xx to version 5, keeping in mind that I'm developing Struts
application?

Which are the key technology anspects I shall review in my project
architecture, particularly related to:

1) Servlets/JSP
2) Taglibs
3) Tomcat starting and stopping
4) WAR deployment
5) Security

At present I deploy a WAR under webapps with taglibs defined in the web.xml
file and make use of my personal security model (is there any reason Tomcat
5 should make things easier?), I stop and start it as a service (still
available?).

Will be JSTL and JSF natively implemented? Could I just drop my application
from Tomcat 4.1.xx to Tomcat 5 without problems?

Thanks for any reply,

Marco