tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Xingqun Jiang" <x...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: JSP vs C#/.NET
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 21:11:51 GMT
Sorry, guys,

I posted this messages a few days ago. And I don't why it comes up again.

Xingqun

----- Original Message -----
From: "Xingqun Jiang" <xj22@cornell.edu>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2003 4:16 PM
Subject: JSP vs C#/.NET

Hi,

I am a pure java supporter. I don't like C# or .Net because of Microsoft's
monopolization (sorry, kind of prejudice). However, I notice that more and
more people pick up C#/.NET due to their new advantages. I also heard that
C# is much faster than Java. My concern is, can Java/JSP still be
competitive to Microsoft's products? I don't like to see java be beaten by
Microsoft since it borrowed so many ideas from java to make up the so-called
"C#".

ok, feel free to talk about this topic.

Lance