tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andoni" <and...@indigo.ie>
Subject Pointing a ServerOutputStream at the printer? Possible?
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:41:48 GMT
Hi,

I want to have a print button on my site which prints the result of a JSP being processed.
 What I don't want is for this JSP to have to be viewed by the user.  I could just bring the
jsp up in another frame and then have the JavaScript print that frame.  What I would prefer
is to have is something that the user clicks on and it streams (this word may be misleading
here) the result of rendering the JSP to the printer.

I can do this so that it sends the text to a file using the

ServletOutputStream myOs = res.getOutputStream()

and then using myOs.write(byte[]) to send data to a file but I don't know how to send the
data to the printer.  Can you please help?

Kind regards,

Andoni.

PS: If anyone wants the code for the file version just let me know.
A.