tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Curwen" <gb_...@gb-im.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.1.27 : error in FORM authentication
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 16:54:46 GMT

How do you 'authenticate'?  Do you browse directly to login.jsp ?   This
is the problem, if you are.  The usage scenario of container-managed
auth is:  you browse to a protected resource, the container will take
you to login.jsp, and then after that, bring you back to the originally
requested resource.  If you are browsing directly to login.jsp (the
"direct reference" part of the error message) then the container cannot
know where to send you after authentication.