tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andoni" <and...@indigo.ie>
Subject Error Page 500 Not working.
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:19:32 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to implement error pages for my site.  They seem to work when I specify the particular
exception in the web.xml file thus:

  <error-page>
  <exception-type>java.lang.NullPointerException</exception-type>
  <location>/jsp/error500.jsp</location>
 </error-page>

but not when I specify the error number as below.  What happens is that when I have both of
these entries in the web.xml and I put a divide by zero error into my code to test it then
it brings up the default Tomcat error page with the Exception and the 500 at the top?

<error-page>
  <error-code>500</error-code>
  <location>/jsp/error500.jsp</location>
 </error-page>