tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject RE: XP "random" tomcat crashes
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:04:40 GMT

We normally use the server jvm, but have also seen the crashes with the

Any ideas?

Lenny Karpel <> on 05/08/2003 06:42:45 PM

Please respond to "Tomcat Users List" <>

To:    'Tomcat Users List' <>
Subject:    RE: XP "random" tomcat crashes

Are you using the client or server jvm ?

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 2:41 PM
Subject: XP "random" tomcat crashes

We're using tomcat 4.1.12 with Java, and are encountering strange
crashes on XP especially.

The crashes happen in apparently random places in our app, and cause the VM
to crash with various messages, none of which are very helpful!

I noticed that Cameron Hart had a similar problem
- please could anyone point me in the right direction to try and get to the
bottom of this.  Is it easy to run tomcat in a debugger so we can catch
what happens?

Many thanks,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: