tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Nybro Bolding" <thomas.bold...@danskebank.dk>
Subject Servere performance reduction upon upgrade
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 11:54:38 GMT
Hi,
this being my first post I regret if any formalities are offended.

I have just upgraded from Tomcat 4.0.3 and jdk1.4.0 to Tomcat 4.1.27
(tried 5.0.5 as well) and jdk1.4.2 on a Windows NT machine. Previously I
used the isapi_redirect.dll to redirect request from IIS but has now
installed the JK2 (isapi_redirector2.dll).

The requests are still succesfully being redirected by IIS but are a
factor 10+ slower than before the upgrade. When requesting Tomcat directly
through port 8080 things are as blazing as always. As both installations
are out-of-the-box following the guidelines and How-To documents I have no
clue of what might be wrong?

Regards Thomas

<FONT SIZE=1 FACE="Arial">_______________
Vi goer opmaerksom paa, at denne e-mail kan indeholde fortrolig information. Hvis du ved en
fejltagelse modtager e-mailen, beder vi dig venligst informere afsender om fejlen ved at bruge
svar-funktionen. Samtidig beder vi dig slette e-mailen i dit system uden at videresende eller
kopiere den.
Selv om e-mailen og ethvert vedhaeftet bilag efter vores overbevisning er fri for virus og
andre fejl, som kan paavirke computeren eller it-systemet, hvori den modtages og laeses, aabnes
den paa modtagerens eget ansvar. Vi paatager os ikke noget ansvar for tab og skade, som er
opstaaet i forbindelse med at modtage og bruge e-mailen.
Please note that this message may contain confidential information. If you have received this
message by mistake, please inform the sender of the mistake by sending a reply, then delete
the message from your system without making, distributing or retaining any copies of it.
Although we believe that the message and any attachments are free from viruses and other errors
that might affect the computer or IT system where it is received and read, the recipient opens
the message at his or her own risk. We assume no responsibility for any loss or damage arising
from the receipt or use of this message.
</FONT>