tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Satish Talim" <satish.ta...@netaps.com>
Subject Some questions
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:03:58 GMT
Hello,

In our company, we are using Tomcat Version 4.0.1 and Java 2 SDK, Standard
Edition Version 1.4.0

a. I read that if one uses 'catalina nonaming
start' instead of
'startup', it would help disable the use of JNDI within Tomcat.
(1) Is this feature available with Tomcat 4.0.1 ?
(2) Does it mean that JNDI is enabled by default ?
(3) Can it be disabled thro' say server.xml ?

b. I also read that one can set up
CATALINA_OPTS="-Xmx44M"
(1) Will this set the max memory size of 44 MB ?
(2) Again, is this feature available with Tomcat 4.0.1

c. I read on the net that one can set the -server
option in JDK 1.4...
(1) Where does one setup this option? Is it in catalina.bat and how?

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Satish Talim