tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Wynter" <>
Subject RE: 2 VirtualHosts working other stuff not
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:06:10 GMT

I don't quite get what is being instructed here. I have got the first 5
points sorted out but for my Turbine apps rather than the example jsp.

> Sixth: create a VirtualHost in httpd.conf.  Set the DocumentRoot to be
> equal to the Context in server.xml.

So if I have a <Context path=""
docBase="/usr/local/jakarata-tomcat-4.1.12/webapp2/se" /> DocumentRoot
should be "/usr/local/jakarata-tomcat-4.1.12/webapp2/se". If this case then
what about the other webapp in
"/usr/local/jakarata-tomcat-4.1.12/webapp2/rwtransform" how will I get to

Thus, everything you do from that
> point on in your app has to be relative to the webapp root and URLs for
> static and dynamic content will be the same.
> Seventh: Setup your JkMount.  If your DocumentRoot is set correctly, and
> your Contexts are set correctly, you should be able to get what you want
> with:
> JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
> JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
> assuming your servlets are in /servlet.  You might also want to consider
> putting an extension on your servlets, as in Struts, like *.do or
> something.  This makes JkMount even easier.

View raw message