tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "v.siguier" <>
Subject JNDI + oracle + Tomcat
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 09:06:51 GMT

I try to connect to Oracle 8.1.7 using a DataSource (Tomcat 4.1.24).
In the code, my datasource object is not null (Oracle driver have been founded) but on getConnection
method I have the
following error message :

java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create JDBC driver of class 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver'
for connect URL 'null'

Following is server.xml part :
<ResourceParams name="jdbc/app/geode">

Following is web.xml part :

Following is my code to obtain a connection :
Context envGlobal = new InitialContext();
Context envApp = (Context)envGlobal.lookup("java:comp/env");
DataSource m_oJdbcDataSource = ( DataSource )envApp.lookup("jdbc/app/geode");
Connection l_connect = m_oJdbcDataSource.getConnection();

I don't understand why connect URL is null, somebody can help me ?
Thank you.

Faites un voeu et puis Voila !

View raw message