tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "jherschel" <jhersc...@quarry.com>
Subject RE: tried alot of searching - caving in and emailing this list now
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 18:29:36 GMT
Thanks for your reply Angus,

We are using the WARP connector - here is my server.xml file below:

<!-- Example Server Configuration File -->
<!-- Note that component elements are nested corresponding to their
     parent-child relationships with each other -->

<!-- A "Server" is a singleton element that represents the entire JVM,
     which may contain one or more "Service" instances.  The Server
     listens for a shutdown command on the indicated port.

     Note:  A "Server" is not itself a "Container", so you may not
     define subcomponents such as "Valves" or "Loggers" at this level.
 -->

  <!-- A "Service" is a collection of one or more "Connectors" that share
       a single "Container" (and therefore the web applications visible
       within that Container).  Normally, that Container is an "Engine",
       but this is not required.

       Note:  A "Service" is not itself a "Container", so you may not
       define subcomponents such as "Valves" or "Loggers" at this level.
   -->

  <!-- The MOD_WEBAPP connector is used to connect Apache 1.3 with Tomcat
4.0
       as its servlet container. Please read the README.txt file coming with
       the WebApp Module distribution on how to build it.
       (Or check out the "jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp" CVS repository)

       To configure the Apache side, you must ensure that you have the
       "ServerName" and "Port" directives defined in "httpd.conf".  Then,
       lines like these to the bottom of your "httpd.conf" file:

         LoadModule webapp_module libexec/mod_webapp.so
         WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
         WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples/

       The next time you restart Apache (after restarting Tomcat, if needed)
       the connection will be established, and all applications you make
       visible via "WebAppDeploy" directives can be accessed through Apache.
  -->

  <!-- Define an Apache-Connector Service -->
  <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">

    <Connector className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
     enableLookups="true" appBase="webapps"
     acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

    <!-- Replace "localhost" with what your Apache "ServerName" is set
to -->
    <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
     name="Apache" debug="0">
          <Host name="staging.wrcm.quarry.com"
                appBase="/var/wwwroot/wrcm-staging/tomcat">

                                prefix="tomcat" suffix=".log"

directory="/var/wwwroot/wrcm-staging/tomcat/WEB-INF" />

          </Host>

      <!-- Global logger unless overridden at lower levels -->
                          prefix="apache_log." suffix=".txt"
                          timestamp="true"/>

      <!-- Because this Realm is here, an instance will be shared
globally -->

    </Engine>

  </Service>

</Server>

As an aside, do you recommend using JK2 over WARP, and if so why?

James Herschel
Systems Administrator
Quarry Integrated Communications
(519)570-2020x2489