tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "jherschel" <jhersc...@quarry.com>
Subject tried alot of searching - caving in and emailing this list now
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 16:32:13 GMT
Google has failed me!  I have been trying to get IP based access control
working for a java site using Apache directives to no avail.  I am using
Stronghold 4.0 with Tomcat 4.1.24 - Here is the Apache conf I am working
with ...

<VirtualHost [omitted]>

  ServerName [omitted]
  ServerAdmin [omitted]
  DocumentRoot "/var/wwwroot/wrcm-staging/htdocs/"

  <Directory />

    AllowOverride None
    Options +ExecCGI +FollowSymLinks
    order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from [omitted]
    Allow from [omitted]
  </Directory>

  <Directory /var/wwwroot/wrcm-staging/tomcat/>

    AllowOverride None
    Options +ExecCGI +FollowSymLinks
    order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from [omitted]
    Allow from [omitted]

 </Directory>

  WebAppDeploy /var/wwwroot/wrcm-staging/tomcat/ conn /

#Logging directives

  TransferLog "var/log/wrcm-staging/access_log"
  ErrorLog "var/log/wrcm-staging/error_log"

</VirtualHost>

The java site resides in /var/wwwroot/wrcm-staging/tomcat - these directives
usually work for normal HTTP sites - maybe this is a Jakarta config issue
and not Apache?  I'm also thinking that maybe my DocumentRoot directive is
overriding the /var/wwwroot/wrcm-staging/tomcat Directory block?

Thanks in advance for your help!

James Herschel